How to politely remind an email ? Request a reply, ask for response
I sent an email to potential customer a couple of weeks ago, but I am not getting any response. The customer is probably too busy or has forgotten about our conversation.
How should I politely remind an email and request a reply ?
Depending on your relationship with your potential customer, you can use the following ways to remind an email and ask for a response.
When reminding an email, you don't have to put too much pressure on recipient
and email should not appear pushy
Remind an email and ask for response, if you have closer friendly relationship with your customer:
- Start with appropriate greeting.
- Use a friendly, repectful and professional tone.
- Remind the previous email.
- Be clear and concise.
- Mind that recipient might be busy.
- If necessary, provide a specific deadline or timeframe.
- Thank to recipient for his/her attention and time.
Remind an email and ask for response, if you don't have closer relationship with your customer:
- Hi John, I am just checking if you have had time to look at my previous email.
- Hi John, I would like to ask if you have had time to look at my previous email.
- Dear Kate, I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to follow up on our previous conversation. Do you think you will have time to look at my previous email in upcoming weeks ?
- Dear Kate, I hope this email finds you well. I just wanted to follow up on our previous conversation. I understand you may be busy, but could you please look at my previous email when you have a free moment ?