On regular Skype for PC, it is not possible to set presence status to always active. The active status will be automatically changed when user is inactive for a couple of minutes. Available statuses may be different, depending on Skype version. On default settings, you have these statuses:
- Active (green dot) - set when user is active, for example moving mouse cursor, typing on keyboard etc.
- Recently active or Inactive (green dot with white dot in the middle) - set automatically when not active for a few minutes. Status is often set after 3 minutes of inactivity.
- Away (yellow dot) - set when inactive for an hour or more. It is possible to set away status anytime you want.
- Do not disturb (red dot) - users can contact you via message or call, but you won't be alerted. The notifications depend on your settings. It is possible to set do not disturb status anytime you want.
- Invisible (gray dot with white dot in the middle) - hides your presence indicator, so you appear to be offline, but messages and calls are not blocked. Users see the last time you were set to active or do not disturb. It is possible to set invisible status anytime you want.
When user has a Recently active
status, you can usually see an approximate time of inactivity, for example: Last seen 30 minutes ago or Last seen 2 days ago. Please note that presence statuses in regular Skype don't work exactly in the same way as in case of Skype for Business.