Bitcoin started growing faster in the last quartal in 2020, when it reached new records. It keeps growing in 2021 and in February, it surpassed 40 000 USD and later even 50 000 USD. There are actually more factors having impact on Bitcoin's price.
I would say Bitcoin's price is increasing so fast because:
- It is the first decentralized cryptocurrency.
- It is probably the most popular cryptocurrency.
- It is one of the largest currencies in the world by circulation.
- It is growing quite fast, which attracts potential investors.
- Some large companies have announced buying Bitcoin and accepting it as a payment method.