You can speed up website loading time mainly by a website optimization. Sometimes, when website is loading slow, it can be related to the speed of server internet connection. For example, an internet connection may be fast within a country or region where server is loacted, but not for visitors from other countries.
Website optimization tips to speed up loading time:
- Optimize images - The difference between the file size of optimized and non-optimized images may be quite big. Sometimes, the optimization will not cause any visible changes on image, but it will reduce the file size by 40% or even more. Images can be optimized by a graphics software like Photoshop, using a "Save for Web" method. You can also optimize images using online converting applications.
- Reduce the number of redirects - Check the number of redirects. For example, if you need to redirect to https://www. format, make sure there is only one straight redirect (not one redirect to https:// and then second one to https://www.)
- Server performace and internet connection - Check if server is able to provide enough performance for your website. Cheaper shared hosting plans can often provide only a limited performance. If needed, upgrade from shared hosting to dedicated hosting. Some web hostings are performance focused, but they are usually more expensive. If your website has an international audience, you have to check, if server internet connection is fast enough also for a visitors from other countries.
- Optimize SQL query - Check if you can optimize SQL queries, so reading from database and writing to database can be faster and more efficient. There are multiple SQL optimization tips available.
- Consider implementation of CDN (suitable for bigger companies)
- Cache the pages