The amount of Vitamin D you can get from the direct sunlight depends on:
- Where are you located ?
- What season (month) is it ?
- What part of the day is it ?
- How long are you exposed to the direct sunlight ?
In northern countries, you can get enough Vitamin D from the sun only during a few months. While in countries close to equator, you can get enough Vitamin D from the sun almost during the whole year.
You can get enough Vitamin D from the sun:
- Mainly during the Summer
- In many countries also in Spring and Autumn
To get enough Vitamin D, you have to be exposed to the direct sunlight:
- Around midday - between 10 AM to 3 PM
- For at least 15 minutes a day - multiple days during a week (at least 25% of your body should be exposed to the sunlight)