There are many phone camera features available. Some of them are useful mostly when you are taking the specific types of photos, for example like close-ups, motion photos etc.
The important features of good smartphone camera are:
- Quality image sensor and lenses
- Resolution - photos with higher resolution are larger, because they have more pixels. For a main smartphone camera, good resolution is considered to be 12 megapixels or more.
- Image stabilization - is used to reduce blur. It can be digital or optical. Optical image stabilization is considered to be better.
- Focus - can be automatic or manual. Autofocus is generally considered to be a better feature.
- Aperture - sometimes there is available one camera with high aperture and another camera with low aperture. Some phone cameras are able to adjust aperture to the ambient light automatically or manually.
- Software - can apply the right settings, filters or settings to make the photo look better.
- Zoom - can be digital or optical. Optical zoom is considered to be better.
Software may also include specific features like HDR
or Panoramic photography