Protein rich foods, vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds
What food contains a lot of proteins ?
Which vegetables and fruits are protein rich ?
You can find naturally high amounts of proteins in meat, milk, milk products, legumes, some nuts and seeds, but also in natural protein concentrates.Foods with high amounts of proteins:
Vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds and other foods with high amounts of proteins:
- Meat - Beef, Lamb, Pork, Venison, Chicken, Turkey, Salmon, Tuna and other fishes, Prawns etc.
- Milk - Soy milk, Goat milk, Cow milk etc.
- Dairy products - Mozarella, Parmesan, Cheddar cheese, Cottage cheese and other cheeses, Tofu, Greek yogurt and other yogurts, Quark etc.
- Eggs - Chicken eggs, Ostrich eggs etc.
Natural protein concentrates:
- Legumes - Kidney beans, White beans, Black beans, Cranberry beans, Mung beans, Soybeans and other beans, Lentils, Chickpeas etc.
- Nuts and seeds - Peanuts, Almonds, Pistachios, Sunflower seeds, Pumpkin seeds, Chia seeds, Wallnuts etc.
- Other vegeables and fruits - Guava, Avocado, Apricots, Spinach, Broccoli, Cauliflower etc.
Apart from the legumes there are not many vegetables or fruits with higher percentage of proteins. Foods with high protein percentage that is exceeding 20% are mainly meat and some dairy products.